Thursday, August 6, 2009

2nd Doctor Appointment

Second picture of our little baby

We had our 2nd doctor's appointment earlier this week, Aug 4th. When we got there I was quite nervous. I haven't been feeling well at all, I can't eat hardly anything and I have thrown up a lot, so I knew I had probably lost a couple pounds instead of gained any. So anyways, when we got to the doctor they of course took my weight and I had lost 6 pounds! That was a little scary! After that they took us to our room and Tracy came in and talked to me about the weight loss. She told me it was fine and she could prescribe some meds to help with the sickness if I wanted. I definetly told her yes because I need to be able to eat. Then she went to listen to the heartbeat with the microphone thing. After a few mins of trying to find it, she said we need to go have an ultrasound because with how far along you are we should be able to hear the heartbeat. Second scary thing of the day! First thing that came to mind was miscarriage. So we headed next door for the ultrasound. I was now way more nervous then before, I was almost shaking. So Tracy did the ultrasound and found the baby. Everything was fine! Baby was moving around like crazy and we saw baby's little heart beating. It was beating at about 161 beats per minute. It was amazing to see our little baby actually moving around!! Tracy said she felt much better, everything looked great and the only reason she couldn't find the heartbeat was because my uterus is tiped really far back, but it should move forward in the next week or so. What a relief!!!!!!!! The meds she prescribed me for the sickness are working wonderfully, I actually feel like eating a little more and can actually hold food down! It feels great! I am getting some of my energy back but still feel exhausted a lot of the time. Overall things are great, and we are very excited for our next appointment on September 8th.

3 comments:

  1. baby wittwer pregancy blog- what a great idea i love it! and he/she looks so cute!!!! can't wait for more posts and i'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would scare me too! Good thing everything is going great. I just have to laugh at the fact that your parents are going to be grandparents soon. :) It's going to be great! And now you mom will want you guys to move close by so she can see the baby all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'm not a big soda person, but one thing that always helped me with the sickness was sprite.

    ReplyDelete